Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trudy

Recently I have had several interactions with the elderly that have left me smiling. Q. and I were driving home from playgroup last Friday when I spotted an elderly lady walking and struggling to carry her dufflebag. I drove past her and decided I better turn around and see if she needed help. I usually would not pick up strangers from the side of the road, but I knew I could take this lady down if she tried anything funny. I found out her name was Trudy and she was trying to get to the grocery store. She had several bags, one which held deflated balloons that she washes over and over because they are nice to write on. I ended up shopping with her at a few places and getting a VIP tour of her house. It was a day of service I will not forget.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love that story, something we should all do more of, random service when we see the need. :-)